Updated: Mar 2
If you’re looking for creative and modern ways to spruce up your home décor, floating
shelves are an excellent option. With its sleek and minimalistic design, floating shelves can provide the perfect finishing touch to any room. Not only do they look stylish, but they’re also incredibly practical, as they provide an ideal storage solution without taking up too much space. Plus, you can use them to showcase your favorite books, photos, and other decorative items. In this blog post, we'll explore the various types of home décor floating shelves available and provide some useful tips for how to make the most of them. So read on to learn more about this innovative and attractive home décor solution.
Some facts on floating shelves to consider when purchasing.
Should it be a heavy duty shelf? Floating shelves can typically hold between 30 and 75 pounds of weight.
Rating 4.8 out of 5. Ratings: 2,262. Review: Finally, a way to get all of my cordless tool mess organized. The whole thing is pretty sturdy and easy to install. I keep my cordless drills and the other chargers on the stand. Now, I have to get the rest of my tools organized.
2. How hard is installation? Floating shelves work best when installed on a wall stud, although they can still be installed on other types of walls with the help of anchors.
Rating: 4.4 out of 5. Ratings: 1,716. No need to fuss with drill bit sizes and hammering in other types of anchors. Just screw these in for a snug fit every time. They’re life savers and the easiest to use.
3. What are some different styles of floating shelves? Contemporary or farmhouse style.
Rating 4.7 out of 5. Ratings: 363. Review: I hung these shelves in my apartment bath and have gotten compliments from every single person who has seen them! They are perfect for my clock, a small plant and other decor items! Love! Installation was super easy too. I'm NOT "handy" and I put them all up in an hour!
4. Some different styles of floating shelves include those that are flat, lipped, and box floating. For a bookshelf it would be geared toward a lipped or box floating shelf.
Rating 4.5 out of 5. Ratings; 112. Review: They are well made. Very sturdy... great for rustic look.
5. Utilize corner space with Amazon floating shelves.
Rating 4.4 out of 5. 532 ratings; review: These shelves are very cute when assembled and up on the wall. They are also very sturdy and fit perfectly with the hardware provided. HOWEVER, the wall anchors that came in the package are useless because they're made of cheap plastic that WON'T screw in the drywall. I knew this in advance, because I read thr reviews, so I bought metal wall anchors and screws to avoid the headache with installation other seemed to had.
6. What are the benefits of floating shelves? Some of the benefits of floating shelves include space saving storage and added decorative style. Additionally, floating shelves can be installed in any room of the house, from the living room to the bathroom.
Rating 4.4 out of 5. Ratings: 118. Review: The framed shelf design is stunning! The materials are sturdy and well crafted. The instructions for assembly are clear and simple, and the convenient cardboard guides for wall placement make your display design look clean and professional. But to me, the creative nature of the size options to inspire a personalized shelf arrangement is what really sets it apart from other shelf products.
7. What's the difference between picture ledge and floating shelves? The differences between floating shelves and picture ledges are their purpose and design. Floating shelves are wider, have no lip, and are meant to store more items. Alternatively, picture ledges are thinner, include a lip to stop items from falling off of the shelf, and are meant to hold smaller and more decorative items, like picture frames.
Rating 4.6 out of 5. Ratings: 459. Review Purchased for our nursery and they look so nice! They’re thick enough to hold multiple layers of books and have a little lip to keep things from falling off.